Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 17, 2012

Mommy Tips 101 || Edition 2


Well... I thought it appropriate for edition 2 to have a funny story. Because as moms, if we can't learn to laugh at all the ridiculous that happens we WILL LOSE OUR MINDS!

About 3 months after Sean was born, Jason and I planned to go out on our first date. It was the first time I wore a non-maternity dress, and I was looking pretty good (if I do say so myself). I was back to my size 4! Seriously, I was looking the best I had looked in months.  I had gotten a decent amount of sleep the night before, I didn't have bags under my eyes, I had straightened my unruly hair, I had a mani-pedi, etc. etc. You get it. Right before we left, I nursed my lovely son. He then spit up on me. Of course, I did not have time to change. We had reservations and were already almost late. Ok. Fine.
I'll deal with a little spit up on my dress (strike one). We leave, and as we are driving to the restaurant it seems a storm is brewing. No big deal. I like rain. Oh wait. I straightened my hair (for the first time in FOREVER). We get to the restaurant and I get out the car. Down-pour. Straight hair is no more (strike two). Ok, spit up on dress, hair a mess. I am going to enjoy this dinner. I am going to enjoy this dinner. A glass of red wine later, and I'm feeling good. Crab cake delicious. I order my creme brulee. Take another sip of red wine. I suddenly feel very warm. Hmm... I know one glass of wine shouldn't make me feel all warm. Oh... I know. I forgot to wear breast pads and am currently leaking through my bra (strike three). As we go to leave, my heel breaks. By the end of the night, I was laughing pretty hard. Our second date attempt was much more successful, thank God!


Lesson Learned: Things don't always go as we plan. Learn to Laugh at yourself.


Many thanks to the amazing mom who submitted this :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE comments! Please feel free to talk to me anytime! Comments are always a good way to gage if my fashion sense, decorations, crafts, etc are up to par! Did I mention I love comments? :)