Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Use Your Gifts || Leave the Dishes

Proverbs 31 Devo
Sharon Glasgow Ministry
As Sharon Puts it "Entertaining isn't about our house, our decorating, our cooking or how perfect our children are. Hospitality is when you open your home to all those who come, invited and uninvited and minister the love of Christ no matter what your circumstances are."

Sharon went to visit a woman who had been a missionary for over 60 years and led countless people to Christ and the woman she was in her eighties and continued to pour her life into serving.  Sharon and her husband stayed with her and learned things that I really really need to learn.    I need to learn how to leave the dishes whenever God opens a window of opportunity.  I want to be able to let the dishes go and not act like I have it so together.  I want that kind of desire to serve people whenever God calls, no matter the state of my house. I want my strength and passion to be like that described in 1 Peter 4:9-11b. I want people to know Jesus more than I want to have the perfect  kitchen.

I love how Sharon puts it-- "God cares more about what's happening in our kitchen, than the state of it!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE comments! Please feel free to talk to me anytime! Comments are always a good way to gage if my fashion sense, decorations, crafts, etc are up to par! Did I mention I love comments? :)