I recently had a Tastefully Simple box of Crazy For Coconut Macaroon Bar Mix and I made it the other day when we had company over and it was so good -- as in like gone that night good and I wanted to make it again right away good. So I decided to scour the internet for what I thought would be a similar recipe since i didn't have another box on hand. This is what I came up with and it's pretty close and very yummy. The very sweet and goey kind of yummy!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In large bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and 1 egg, chocolate chips and coconut. Mixture will be crumbly. Press into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 1 egg until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared crust.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes for the liquid mixture to absorb some.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Enjoy while still warm with a cold glass of milk!