Super easy, Super Good, Super Fattening!! --But for such a special occasion such as CINCO DE MAYO it's fine, totally fine! My husband and I feel in LOVE with this on our honeymoon here:
oooohhh please take me back someday!!!!
Borinquen Resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica Circa May 2007. Wow have we really been married almost 4 yrs!?!? OMG
Tres Leches Cake (which we ate almost EVERYDAY in Costa Rica)
- 1 yellow cake mix (with pudding) baked as directed in 13 by 9-inch pan
For topping mixture:
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, to cover cake
- Crushed pineapple, macadamia nuts or cherries (all optional)
Poke holes in the cake with a fork all over. Pour topping mixture over cake. Let mixture absorb completely in refrigerator.
I opted to mix the crushed pineapple in with the the cool whip then covered the cake with it. If you want sprinkle sweetened coconut over top of cake or place a cherry in various places. I have seen it served all of these ways!
Serve and Enjoy!!