Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Honor of Cinco De Mayo~ Tres Leches Cake


Super easy, Super Good, Super Fattening!! --But for such a special occasion such as CINCO DE MAYO it's fine, totally fine! My husband and I feel in LOVE with this on our honeymoon here:
 Guanacaste, Costa Rica

 zip-line, seriously soooo high!!


 yoga anyone?




mud fun from the in-active volcano that was bubbling right by us, kinda scary :/


 we got a couples massage w/ a river running underneath us, so amazing!! 

 this pretty swan towels were all over every night when we came pack from our daily outings :)
 natural saunas 

he's such a hottie!!

 pic our of King Deluxe Bungalow (:

 little cow friends we made (:

oooohhh please take me back someday!!!!

Borinquen Resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica Circa May 2007.  Wow have we really been married almost 4 yrs!?!? OMG

Tres Leches Cake (which we ate almost EVERYDAY in Costa Rica)
Ingredients
  • 1 yellow cake mix (with pudding) baked as directed in 13 by 9-inch pan
For topping mixture:
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 pint heavy whipping cream
To finish:
  • Whipped cream, to cover cake
  • Crushed pineapple, macadamia nuts or cherries (all optional)
Directions
Poke holes in the cake with a fork all over. Pour topping mixture over cake. Let mixture absorb completely in refrigerator.
all the decadant layers in their glory :)
I opted to mix the crushed pineapple in with the the cool whip then covered the cake with it.  If you want sprinkle sweetened coconut over top of cake or place a cherry in various places. I have seen it served all of these ways! 
{topped w/ toasted coconut}

Serve and Enjoy!!
xoxox
Pam




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE comments! Please feel free to talk to me anytime! Comments are always a good way to gage if my fashion sense, decorations, crafts, etc are up to par! Did I mention I love comments? :)