Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Goat Cheese, Bacon & Spinach Quiche

I found this recipe through a Goat Cheese Quiche Google search and found an amazing recipe here!  I love anything with Goat cheese so was so excited to find this yummy delight!
I slightly altered the original recipe over at twinshealth.wordpress, the one used went a little like this:
Ingredients
* 1 Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crust
* 4 Large Eggs
* handful of Grape Tomatoes
* Fresh Spinach (as much as you want. I used a lot since it cooks down so much)
* 6 cloves of Garlic
* 1/2 a large Red Onion, chopped
* 1/8 cup Skim Milk
* 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2-3 Tbs Margarine Spread (you can substitute another butter/margarine if you'd like)
* 6 slices No Sugar Added Lower Sodium Hickory Smoked Bacon
* 4 oz Crumbled Goat Cheese
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
* a handful of fresh broccoli 
* 1 Tbs Flour
* Sea Salt
* Ground Black Pepper
* Dried Oregano
Directions
1. Let frozen pie crust sit out and thaw for 10-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Poke holes in pie crust and bake for 7 minutes (this prevents the crust from getting soggy later)
2. Chop up onions and garlic cloves. Saute them in the olive oil and Margarine. Cut grape tomatoes in half and add to onions and garlic. Add spinach and stir – spinach will cook down and you can keep adding more until you've used it all.
3. Cook the bacon til it's crispy enough to chop easily. (I cook mine in the microwave and then use a paper towel to soak up the grease.) Set aside to cool.  If you let them cool, they will crumble easier :)
4. In a large bowl whisk the 4 eggs with the milk and flour. Add the oregano, salt, and pepper. Then crumble up the bacon you cooked in step 3 and add it to the mixture.
5. Scoop sauteed mixture of spinach, garlic, onions, and tomatoes into the pie crust, then add broccoli.  Next pour the egg mixture over it. Using a fork stir everything gently so it all mixes together.
6. Add crumbled goat cheese to mixture and stir gently with a fork. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar over the top of the pie.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes (the center should be cooked through). Take out and let cool. Serve and enjoy!!!

Also, the quiche reheats great. 
LOVES IT!!  Too bad there aren't a ton of goat cheese lovers around besides myself, the rest can eat cake, perhaps carrot cake cookies ;)

Pictures to come of this quiche as well as the full spread!  We are having a second be-lated Easter celebration due to family visiting being delayed a week.

xoxoxo
Pam

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm delish I was searching for something a little healthier (and more suitable for the hot weather here in Australia!) to make with home grown pumpkins and tomatoes than the standard heavy-on-the-cream quiche recipes. I will be making this one tonight and I have no doubt it will all be eaten up quick in my household! And goats cheese! YUM! I converted my hubby over to it recently so it can be done!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE comments! Please feel free to talk to me anytime! Comments are always a good way to gage if my fashion sense, decorations, crafts, etc are up to par! Did I mention I love comments? :)