This is the recipe that I used as my guide that I got from my Aunt DiDi, and I altered it as she suggested by only using about a cup and a quarter of mayo, fresh shallots-no onion, I did not use the Henri's or red pepper and just a splash of the rice vinegar rather than amount called for. I also threw some of the shrimp on top so everyone would know it had shrimp in it and it looked super cute.
How to make it
- 1 box of pasta (16 oz), I use spiral elbows or medium size shells
- 2 cans of Medium size cans of tuna, well drained
- 1 can of medium size can of tiny shrimp, well drained
- Shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2-3 cups of mayo, (depends on if you like dry or moist)
- 1/4 cup of Henri's Private Blend Tas-tee salad dressing
- 1/4 cup vinegar ( I use rice vinegar)
- seafood seasonings
- shallots (dried)
- Dried red sweet peppers (or use fresh if you like)
- garlic powder
How to make it
- Cook pasta is salted water, till al dente and drain well, Cool.
- When pasta is cooked and COOLED,
- Mix in a measuring cup, all the ingredients from salt to dill (all seasoning are to taste), mix well
- When pasta is cold, put in bowl and add the onion & carrots, and all the drained tuna & shrimp. Pour the Mayo mix slowly, (Do not put all in just in case there's too much)
- Mix well, if you like more dressing add more.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Chill before serving
- For decoration on top: sliced hard boiled eggs, olives and sliced peppers